Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Already discovered!

Jersey City was the topic of a feature article in New York Magazine. The article achieved everything I want to with this blog-- it exposed Jersey City's potential as some sort of "sixth borough", as they say. It describes what gentrifiers, artists, so-called Hobokeneers do to a neighborhood when they discover it.

Only thing is, they said it happened in a flash in Jersey City and now it's over. The downtown has been priced out, and we've moved on. Is this true? It couldn't be: I've been there and it isn't like SoHo or the Village or anything. It's a dump that's just great.

I'm not saying anything deep here; go read it. At least I won't have to repeat the contents of the article; I can focus on my city aesthetics project, which is the true purpose of moving to Jersey City.

0 Comments:

Add a comment